NEW MUA UNDRESS YOUR SKIN HIGHLIGHTERS.



After using MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer stick I decided to try out their powder highlights. It's no secret that MUA generally come out with good products most of the time. I got my hands on six of the eight Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powders. I've tried a few of them because I won't lie, some of them aren't very wearable to the everyday girl. I got these products because id see them pop up on my Instagram and on Superdrug and also the colours are kins of different and interesting. I hadn't seen a swatches of these out by anyone yet and which made it better for me so I wouldn't be biased. 

The colours I picked up where: 
- Pearlescent sheen 
- Iridescent gold
- Radiant Cashmere
- Ice Sparkle 
- Peach Diamond 
- Roseword Glimmer 



Pros & Cons MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter

The highlighter is super inexpensive as you know most MUA products retail for under £10. these are £3 a piece or all 8 for £24 which is amazing. The texture of the highlighter is amazing. The only problem I have is that they're super hard up on touching them. I thought they would be soft but they're rather hard. I suppose with prolonged use they would become softer. Some of these colours are very unit to them and I couldnt find many dupes or similar products like them especially the duo chrome the highlighters. 
IRIDESCENT GOLD

This is one of the few that has somewhat of a natural colour to it but when mixed with a fixing spray it has this beautiful yellow gold shine to it.


Without Flash

With Flash

RADIANT CASHMERE

This is another one of the more natural colours which you can build up. This highlighter can be duped although its so cheap you wouldn't need too. I compared it to some of my other highlighters with the same tones or colours. 


from right to left: Radiant Cashmere, ABH Bubbly, KIKO No. 12, Sleek highlighter

ROSEWOOD GLIMMER

This highlighter is very very unique to MUA, I couldn't find a highlighter on the market that is similar or anything like it not even an eyeshadow compared the colour.



When applying this MUA undress highlighter I can say that the right amount is key to making it work. These, because they're so hard, are super fall-outy. they're powdery because they're so dry but you can help yourself buy spraying fix+ or any other fixing or priming spray or even water and it will make them softer and goes on real beautifully.  I usually apply this product with a fan brush or a tapered brush. These do contain a little bit of glitter, not all of them though so, if you do not like highlighters that contains glitter/shimmer particles than I do recommend that you don't use this product, especially if you are used to MAC highlighters and expect this to be very fine and soft because its not.
ICE SPARKLE

This is one I love too (lets be honest I love all of them). it's a little unwearable I must admit but does make a Wonderfull eyeshadow and for more extravagant looks.




PEACH DIAMOND

I love a highlighter with a little bit of a duo chrome because its so versatile and very different. I use this as an eyeshadow and highlighter! also works well when mixed with a mixing medium and used under foundation. 


Right to left: Peach Diamond vs ABH So Hollywood 


PEARLESCENT SHEET

like Peach diamond this too has a duo chrome, blue/purple to be precise. looks so beautiful on dark skin and even very fair skin.




I absolutely love these highlighters and I even use them as eyeshadow too and you could probably work it as blush topper too. I apply a very thin coat and more if I need or want to and I think that's the best way to work with something that's so pigmented. It lasts a really long time and I usually use fix+ to apply it which makes it lasts even longer . The price, quantity, pigmentation and overall result are amazing and I don't think I'll be running out any time soon but if I do then I'll sure purchase more.


Let me know what you think if you've tried them and which one is your favourite! 

Lots of love,

Landrine x

No comments:

Post a Comment